Sharing and Collaborating on Documents
Share files and folders
You can share files and folders with people and choose whether they can view, edit, or comment on them. You can share with:
- Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, or Slides
- A link or email attachment
How to Share (This applies to Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
- Click the blue "Share" button in the upper right hand corner of your document.
- You can start typing in someone's name in the box that pops up. Click their name from the list of names that pops up.
- You can also type in a group to send the document to. For example, typing in firstname.lastname@example.org would send the document to everyone at Creek.
Levels of access
When you share a file with other people, you choose what they can do with the file. You can always change your mind or stop sharing completely. Choose if others:
Can edit: Others can make changes and share a file with others. The default for sharing with specific people.
Can comment: Others can view and comment on a file but not make changes. You cannot comment on a folder.
Can view: Others can open a file but not change it or comment. The default for link sharing.