Technology Back to School 17-18
Post date: Aug 9, 2017 8:41:58 PM
MPSIT welcomes new staff and returning staff for a great year!
We hope that new staff enjoyed learning about the technology MPS has to offer during New Teacher Orientation. The Google Slide containing all of the information displayed is available here, or at the navigation on the left hand side of the page, titled "New Teacher Info"
Returning staff - reviewing this Slide might be a healthy reminder if anything was forgotten over summer!
Also note - there are several detailed and in-depth general help articles in the left hand navigation including copiers, Google, Pearson, AESOP, Clever, etc.
ITEMS FOR ALL STAFF TO NOTE:
1: The Helpdesk is still active and better than ever:
- Doing a work order. (link found on www.mpsi20.org > staff resources > work order) or on the left side navigation of this page.
- by calling x4357 from your classroom phone.
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MHS has their own helpdesk at x1836
- ARJH has their own helpdesk at x2022
2: 1:1 Student Laptop Handouts are happening now:
- MHS has M-F from 8-4 8/7 - 8/11
- ARJH has evening handouts with Back To School Nights, on 8/8 and 8/10.
- Elementary Schools: Same as last year, your laptops will be placed in crates with each laptop tagged with students name, username, and password. We expect laptops to placed in rooms near the end of the first full week of school. (waiting for enrollment and class listings to stabilize.
3: Copy restrictions are in effect this year; In short - each teacher will be allowed a 500$ budget (250$ per semester) yearly budget for copies.
A few facts about the copy restrictions:
- Average teacher cost was only 238$ for the entire 16-17 year.
- 500$ per year is enough for 5,000 B&W copies PER MONTH!
- note that Color is 10x more expensive than B&W - use color sparingly to stretch your budget!!
- You can check your budget by logging into a copier and selecting "Secure Print." You budget will be beneath the "SELECT PRINT QUEUE" heading.
4: MYON will NOT be available this year:
Due to funding limitations the MyON reading program will not be renewed. This service has been removed from the Clever Portal for Teachers and Students.
We hope this service can resume in the future.
Speaking of Clever - www.clever.com/in/muskogee is the link. New teachers: EmployeeID for username; default password is muskogeeroughers . It will ask you to change the password.
We have added PowerSchool link for Staff. Once you login, it will ask for your PS username and password, then the SSO will be setup.
5: Personal Technology devices (anything non-school owned) will not have wifi access at MHS or ARJH.
This is mainly due to student use of school wifi resources for non school purposes. The goal is that if students have to use their personal data for their phones they will rely on the school issued tools more.